Hightrees Law Complaints Procedure

We are here to help you and if something goes wrong we would like to hear about it so we can might it right. 

If you have a complaint about our service(s), please raise the issue with our complaints officer, Paula McGeown on 07542697922 or by email to paula@hightreeslaw.com.

Our complaints process:

  1. Our office will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 48 hours of receiving it.
  2. We then set about investigating your complaint to see what went wrong and how.
  3. We will then send you a letter or email inviting you to a meeting (virtual, by phone or in person) to discuss your complaint and our findings with a view to resolving the issue. This will happen within 14 days of initially receiving your complaint.
  4. Within 7 days of this, we will then write to you by email outlining the outcome of the meeting and a detailed reply to your complaint along with suggestions for its resolution.
  5. If you are not satisfied with any of the suggestions for resolution, we will invite you to speak with an unrelated independent third party, such as a qualified mediator, in an attempt to resolve the matter.
  6. Should we do the above as outlined at paragraph 5, we will then write to you by email within 14 days outlining what has been resolved and anything outstanding in your complaint that has not reached resolution. 

If you are then still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk. Please note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman. The website address of the Legal Ombudsman is www.legalombudsman.org.uk

Reporting a complaint to the SRA  – you may alternatively report your complaint directly to the SRA if you believe there has been a breach of an SRA Principle.

You may consider doing this if it relates to non payment, dishonesty or discrimination. If the SRA has closed us as a firm you may be able to make a claim for compensation through their Compensation Fund.

Complaints to the SRA can be made to their reports team. Questions can be directed to their contact centre